Monday, March 22, 2010

And especially thank you for China

The past 6 months or so it seems we have had a strong emphasis on Missions with Miles. I wanted to prepare the boys for me leaving for India so I took a few minutes with Miles to explain where I was going and why. When I told him I would be leaving for India in a couple of months, he kind of looked surprised. I said, "you will stay with Daddy and your Mimi and your Nanny Ray." He got excited and asked, "Can you go to India tomorrow so I can see them?"

A couple of weeks later, AK Lama came to the Missions Conference at our church. I was at Beeson with AK and he was the one who led our small team to India back in 1999. I told Miles all about AK and then we were able to have lunch with him. Miles was so excited to see him and actually hugged him when it was time to leave (and Miles, unlike me, is not a hugger).

We made a "chain of days" with multi-colored chains to show the boys how many days there are until I leave for India (and when I return). Each day we tear off a chain but Miles still asks every few days when I will go to India. He is also discovering so much about the world asking, "Is Georgia in America? Is India in America? Is China in America?" etc.

Last night, I was putting Miles to bed and we had our bedtime prayer. After I prayed, Miles said, "Dear God, thank you for Emily and Ella. Thank you for Mommy and Daddy and Will. Thank you for YOU and for Jesus. Thank you for You being born .... for Jesus being born and especially thank you for China".

No comments:

Post a Comment