Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer 2010

I can't believe the summer is winding down! Most of my friends are thankful to be heading back to a normal routine and having the kids back in school. But I have always loved the summer's laid-back, come-what-may days! And I'm sad to see them go! I have loved being home with my children this summer. We have had some really precious times (and some growing moments as well). I love the time I am able to spend with them and count it as a true blessing that we have this time together!

In the Spring, I began thinking about our upcoming summer and had decided I really wanted to make some plans. On my list: visit Jake's family in Florida, visit my family in Georgia, stay in pajamas all day if we want, and memorize Bible verses. My friend, Lynelle, has always told me that children are capable of absorbing Scripture but I didn't know if that would apply to my children (they have both inherited some of my attention issues)!

In the next post, I will write more about the verses, but I just wanted to say, we accomplished all of my hopes for the summer! We may have erred on the side of "pajama days" though, because I can't seem to get them into any real clothes! And tags have become a MAJOR source of contention around our home! Thank goodness for bandaids ... we never seem to actually use them on boo-boos but they're a real cure when taped over a rolled up tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment